So, here I am in an empty house...hopefully not for too much longer. The boys should be home in a few. But, in the meantime, I actually have a moment to myself. It has been quite sometime since I've been on here and much has happened since then. After a warm but not too painful summer, we welcomed another little boy, Jacob, into the world. His big brother adores him and likes to help take care of him. Let's just hope that doesn't change with time. So, yes, it's me and my boys and I love every minute of it. I think I'd spend too much money if we had a girl. I already spend too much on the boys as it is. Any-hoo, with an infant and a 4 year old...this house never has a dull moment. Between cooing conversations with Jacob and Colin's random hilarious sayings and poopy diapers and temper tantrums, Brian and I have got our hands full. I'm now back to work after a short 8 week leave and have since also gone back to the theatre for the holiday show. Kudos to Brian. He's got the kids while I'm at rehearsals doing what I love. We'll see if I survive this schedule. Wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have to make the trek to the parentals everyday for daycare. I'm not complaining...if Jacob's gonna need a babysitter, I'd rather spend money on gas and do the drive to get care from my mom than pay money for close daycare with a stranger. Colin started in his Pre-K classroom this fall. They had a little halloween parade around their little track on the playground. His costume was a hit...he was Philip Rivers of the SD Chargers...Jersey, Pants, helmet and all. Too cute! Jacob was a dragon. Brian and I were going to dress him up as a classic "pea in a pod" bunting costume since he's still an little itty-bitty, but when I went to get the costume, Colin was with me and chose the dragon. When I asked Colin why not a pea in a pod his reply was, "no, because we might eat him." How could you say no to that? Thus, the dragon costume was purchased.
And now...I must sign off for the moment as I've tons of chores to do before rehearsal and I'd like to get some done before they get home. Until next time...be safe...
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment