Monday, March 17, 2008

Finally a moment to myself...

So, after the non-stop hustle and bustle of holidays, work, rehearsals, performances and family stuff,  oh yeah and being sick twice in the past month, I finally have a free moment in between chores to sit and actually post something on here.  It has been a crazy last few months as you can see from my list up there.  I got to perform in Miss Saigon...something I have dreamed of doing since eons ago!  ...and it was with a professional theatre.  It was such a great experience.  Intense rehearsals, tons of driving since the production was about 40-45 minutes away from our house, exhaustion from going straight from work to rehearsals to home at about 1100pm, but totally worth it.  (Did I mention that this was all in a 3 week period?  So, you can imagine how crazy my life was and how crazy things at home were.  Brian was basically a single parent for 3 weeks...all so I can do something I've dreamed of doing for a really long time.  Much credit to him!) I got to meet some great people both local and from NYC.  It was so much fun!  I never thought I'd be excited to say I was a bargirl nor had I ever imagined I'd have dollar bills stuffed in my bikini.  If you've seen the show you'd know what I was talking about.  If not, it definitely is one to see.  I saw it three times before I got to be in it.  And after 2 1/2 weeks of rehearsals and 5 performances I must say that it still gets to me.  The music is so beautiful and the story very powerful.    Any-hoo, I will do more rambling later...right now..back to the chores...

No comments: